Thursday, June 21, 2012

Pancake Batter Fried Chicken



You can do this recipe with or w/out the buttermilk, I have done both.  My family doesn't like buttermilk but I had some left from the Peanut Butter cake I needed to finish off.  I didn't notice that the buttermilk changed the flavor but it did seem to make the chicken moist.  I let the chicken sit chilled in the buttermilk for a couple hours.  This time I used sweet potato pancake mix which gave the chicken a sweeter flavor.
I cut up 3 large boneless, skinless breasts into strips, soaked them in buttermilk (optional) .  In a bowl I combined 2 cups of pancake mix 1.5 tsp salt, 1.5 tsp pepper, 2 tsp paprika mixed it together coated the chicken pieces and dropped a few at a time into our pre-heated fry-daddy thing.  You could use a bag to make it easy (shake-n-bake) and change up the spices to your liking.  I have used regular pancake mix and both are a hit with the family.

No comments:

Post a Comment